10 key takeaways from Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams Hangout
Dreamtek invited Adobe Business Manager, Matt Balcombe, to join us for a Google+ Hangout on Air to discuss some of the features of Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams on Thursday 7th March; here are my top ten takeaways from the session:
1) You can try Adobe Creative Cloud free for thirty days. Once you’ve received your invitation to join Adobe Creative Cloud for teams you can register a license for 30 days free of charge. Your 12-month license starts after your free 30 days are up, so you are effectively getting 13 months for the price of 12. After thirty days the cost is £639 for a yearly license from an Adobe reseller.
2) Collaboration. It’s easy to share your files with clients, colleagues, and friends using the built-in sharing features in Creative Cloud. You can decide whether to enable comments, allow downloads, or set bandwidth requirements.
3) You can upgrade from any version from CS3 until the end of April and save 30% with a yearly upgrade price of £457 – reduced from the standard price of £639.
4) You get 100gb of personal storage for teams vs. 20gb for individuals. This is an allocated item per person. If you delete the user you delete what is contained on their storage cloud – so make a backup first!
5) The cloud is where you keep work for collaboration, but you still run the software from your laptop or PC. Your license allows you to keep a copy on up to two devices per user.
6) You only have one renewal bill per year. Any additional licenses are added on a pro rata basis; dependent on the number of months you have left on your contract.
7) You can have visibility of where all your licenses are assigned too. You assign the users via their Adobe ID (a free service) and the admin can delete users simply from their management console. You can change the names of whom you assign your licenses to as many times as you like, perfect for freelancers.
8) You get access to the whole of CS6 for less than a quarter of the price! Creative Cloud allows you to lease CS6 on an annual basis ensuring you get to spread the cost of the platform and always have access to all elements of CS6 Master collection and access to updates and upgrades, so no concerns about entitlement on items of CS6 access.
9) You can sync share and save from multiple devices. You can get peer review or get feedback from a client or allow them to download or comment on your work, without them requiring their own Adobe license.
10) You need to request an invitation to join Creative Cloud for teams from an Adobe reseller such as Dreamtek, once you’ve received your invitation you can start with your thirty-day trial. Complete the form to get your invitation.